Re: [opensuse] Re: Use of "Reply-To" by author is LINDA's choice; is problem if done by list-software
On 06/24/2017 02:58 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
But the rule on this list is to reply only to the list, never to both:
Official FAQ, 2013:

+++......
Q1. Why do my replies go to the original poster and not the list?
A1. We do not "munge" the mail headers by inserting
a "Reply-To: opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx"
because it makes it more difficult subscribers to handle the mail
the way they want to. Your mail client probably has a "reply"
function as well as a "reply to all" or "reply to list" one; Please
use the latter if you want you message to go to the list and not
just to the original poster.

Also, please don't complain about this on the list, it has
been discussed many, many, many times in the past already.

For background information see e.g.

Its good you quoted the rule book to her Carlos, but because you followed
the rules and didn't send it direct, she won't see it for two weeks, so we
have two more weeks of this thread before she replies.

Linda: I've groused about the list routing in the past too. Everybody on
this list wants replys to the list. Everybody jumps your bones if you reply
direct. So why do the list managers persist with this crazy routing?
Who knows, but heels are totally dug in at this point and the managers are
just toying with us.

Every once in a while you have to bend to house rules unless you want to
be as welcome as a cactus in an outhouse.

Doesn't have to make sense. Its just something you do to humor your friends.

Yup, I know you won't see this for a week, maybe two, because its buried in your
list mail.