Re: [opensuse] Re: Use of "Reply-To" by author is author's choice; is problem if done by list-software
On 23/06/17 07:59 PM, Basil Chupin wrote:
Attached is the copy of the Header (part of, ie) of Anton's post which
started this discussion. Now, Patrick, how does what Anton sent me hold
up to what you said above? Anton sends me a PRIVATE msg -- it is not
addressed to me with a CC: to the list or vice-versa -- and so I press
the Reply icon in my Thunderbird but my reply is sent to the list.

Unlike you I'm not infallible.
I'm one of those people who sometimes presses the 'reply-to' button rather than
the 'reply-to-list' button by mistake.

As others have pointed out, to reply to the list on this list one MUST use the
'reply-to-list', whereas for other lists the 'reply-to' sends to the immediate
source of the message, that is the list re-mailing software, not the message
author.

Judging by what others on the list have to say, I'm not the only here who isn't
infallible.

Ad no, my post didn't start this discussion. Its one that we have here with a
period of about 18 months to two years.