Re: [opensuse] Compartmentalization for list message management
* Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx> [06-23-17 19:55]:
On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 7:40 PM, Carlos E. R.
<robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I don't know how to resolve that as it has been a few years since I
worked with Thunderbird/Gmail.

For Thunderbird it is probably best to retrieve all and sort locally. In
fact, trying to open my "opensuse" label takes ages.

I suspect I use too many different computers during the course of the
day for that to work smoothly.

I can think of 6 I might access email from on any given day.

I use gmail amount other, but dl all to my server and run my mail client
in a tmux session on the server. I can access that from anywhere, even
booting from a usb stick, and everything is always the "way I want it".

even from remote computers I can ssh in for access using a usb stick with
putty on it, and access the same running tmux session which appears as I
previously left it. and duplicate session are not a problem.

my tmux session also contains ssh access to other machines I admin, local
and remote, but always within the same tmux session.

tmux is similar to but better than screen, imo.