Re: [opensuse] Compartmentalization for list message management
On 2017-06-24 01:52, Greg Freemyer wrote:
On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 7:40 PM, Carlos E. R.
<robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I don't know how to resolve that as it has been a few years since I
worked with Thunderbird/Gmail.

For Thunderbird it is probably best to retrieve all and sort locally. In
fact, trying to open my "opensuse" label takes ages.

So many ages at 115% CPU that I had to close Thunderbird, then kill the
remaining windoless process.

I suspect I use too many different computers during the course of the
day for that to work smoothly.

I can think of 6 I might access email from on any given day.

Then you need sorting at the imap server.

With a normal imap server Thunderbird can still do it: move
automatically email from one folder to another. But not if you need each
of those six clients to do the correct sorting - unless there is a way
for Thunderbird to store the set of filters remotely and retrieve it.
There might.

Another way is to fetch from email into another imap server that you can
control, and point Thunderbird to it.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.