Re: [opensuse] Compartmentalization for list message management
On 2017-06-24 01:21, Greg Freemyer wrote:
On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 7:04 PM, Carlos E. R. <> wrote:

And google's capabilities are very good for that even if you NEVER read
your mail at the web browser.

When I looked at it, gmail sorted mail using labels, but not into
different folders. Has this changed, or is there some trick?

It still does that, but for instance when I receive a list email I
have the filter rule remove the inbox label and add a opensuse label.

Then with a IMAP based client I can pull down the opensuse label as a
folder. In fact that always happens. From IMAPs perspective labels
are folders.

Ah! I see. I do not remove the Inbox label, so when I look via imap at
the inbox I see them all - which happens to suit me, but now I
understand why it happens :-)

The only time it gets confusing is gmail allows a single email to have
multiple labels. It is easy to end up with duplicate emails in your
IMAP client.

Indeed!

I don't know how to resolve that as it has been a few years since I
worked with Thunderbird/Gmail.

For Thunderbird it is probably best to retrieve all and sort locally. In
fact, trying to open my "opensuse" label takes ages.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.