Re: [opensuse] Compartmentalization for list message management
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2017 17:05:35 -0400
On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 4:27 PM, Anton Aylward
<opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 23/06/17 03:25 PM, Greg Freemyer wrote:
It is very simple to notice when you have been replied to in the mail list.
Is it?

I have to remember I asked a question then search for the subject of
the email to see if there were any replies.

I find it annoying not to be on the To/Cc line so I could filter those
emails a being for threads I'm participating in.

Ah.
I perceive, Watson, that you amalgamate all your main into one 'folder'.

No, but I do have all the opensuse mailinglists I subscribe to going
to one folder.

I don't routinely count them, but it seems like well over 100 emails a
day from all of those. If I ignore that pile for a couple days, it is
simply too big to get through in any detail and thus I'm sure I miss
relevant emails on threads for which I'm participating.

The "reply-all" button is a tried and true solution that allows
filtering based on thread participation.

Greg