Re: [opensuse] Re: Use of "Reply-To" by author is author's choice; is problem if done by list-software
On 2017-06-23 19:34, L A Walsh wrote:
Billie Walsh wrote:
On 06/23/2017 05:14 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:

I have Thunderbird set to automatically include my address as a reply
to. Several other people do also.
---
The default is to always send a copy to the person you are replying
to. That default is *required* by email "standards" (RFC's).

Not in this list.

When I'm replying to a list message and the sender has a a reply to
set I remove the senders address. [ most of the time ]
---
You don't want the original note-writer to see or respond to your
reply? That's what /can/ happen (and sometimes /does/ if you delete
me off a "Reply-To" list).

Most people here do not want both replies, direct and on list. Some will
get angry if they do.

It is very simple to notice when you have been replied to in the mail list.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.