Re: [opensuse] konsole
  • From: Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 19:05:07 +0200
Op donderdag 22 juni 2017 18:14:30 CEST schreef Anton Aylward:
On 22/06/17 08:43 AM, Dave Plater wrote:
I've never had use for su apart from just switching users, I use it every
time I start my computer in konsole to have my first tab as root in the
same directory as my last session, my rpmbuild directory. I've never been
asked for a password by konsole

Never?
Not in any of the times you've used 'su"?

I would be very very worried f I was using a computer that let me su to
root, be it in regular command line VT or in an xterm or using konsole
without the use of the root password, unless I'd taken prior measures, such
as modify the PAM setting, for example.

Nice. Autologin and off we go, as safe as Windows XP :=). Sure this needs
manual interference. Stored the root password in kwallet?
A security rule: do not save the root password of a machine anywhere on that
machine.
--
Gertjan Lettink, a.k.a. Knurpht

openSUSE Board Member