Re: [opensuse] who is supposed to define SYSCONFIG when starting apache2?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 10:41:53 +0200
Per Jessen wrote:

This morning I was renewing some certificates on a customer webserver
running Leap421. As usual this requires a restart - which suddenly
failed due to configuration issues. It seems some modules were not
loaded - proxy, proxy_http, filter - weird, the config hasn't been
changed for months. After some debugging I found this
in /etc/apache2/httpd.conf:

# generated from default value of APACHE_MODULES
# in /etc/sysconfig/apache2
<IfDefine !SYSCONFIG>
Include /etc/apache2/loadmodule.conf
</IfDefine>

And the previous line:

# generated from APACHE_MODULES in /etc/sysconfig/apache2
Include /etc/apache2/sysconfig.d/loadmodule.conf

is just gone.

Okay, I get to answer $SUBJ myself - SYSCONFIG is being defined in
start_apache2. So far so good. I still don't see
where /etc/apache2/sysconfig.d/loadmodule.conf is loaded? Does that
happen via the command line with
"-C Include /etc/apache2/sysconfig.d/" ?

as for my initial problem, somehow modules were not being loaded, that's
a fact. "proxypass" and "filter" for instance. It turns out it was
really due to a poor SSL config, but how that could mean some modules
weren't loaded, I don't understand. Oh well.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (26.1°C)