Re: [opensuse] Tape Drive Trouble
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 16:56:04 -0400
On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 2:43 PM, Paul Groves <paul.groves.787@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Left to right, Term Pwr / Reserved / SCSIID3 / SCSIID2 / SCSIID1 / SCSIID0

Obviously the 4 right-most ones are the ID number so I have IDs 0, 1, 2 and
3 for my for drives

They're binary, so you have addresses 1, 2, 4, and 8. I like to stick
to addresses 0-5 if I can.

You can do that by pulling off the jumper currently on SCSIID3. That
drive will now have address 0, and your other 3 will still have 1, 2,
4.

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer
Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by