Re: [opensuse] Tape Drive Trouble
On 20/06/17 19:47, John Andersen wrote:
On 06/20/2017 11:43 AM, Paul Groves wrote:
I assume if I remove the pin from the last drive it will act as a built in
terminator?
No, that term power just supplies power for the terminator to use to sense if
the
cable has any devices installed. AFAIR, you only need ONE unit to supply term
power
and it doesn't matter which one, and having more than one unit supplying term
power is
perfectly fine.

Termination via onboard termination resistors is a different thing.

You learn something new every day! Thanks for that.

I am not sure if the terminator is at fault. I only have the one.
If it is the terminator surely it would always be the last drive with the problem? When I connect my LTO2 drive here it works fine.