Re: [opensuse] Epson Scanner V500 Isn't Detected
On Tue, 2017-06-20 at 12:07 +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2017-06-20 10:07, Dave Plater wrote:

On 19/06/2017 13:22, Mark Misulich wrote:

I installed sane-backends version 1.0.27 from Sauerland OBS
repository,
but the scanner still isn't recognized in yast Scanner
configuration
window.
After googling it seems you need the iscan package which doesn't
seem to
be provided after 12.2 for some reason. The source code and rpm
packages
are available from epson's download page.

There is a home repo that has it and some info:

https://software.opensuse.org/package/iscan

Thanks Carlos,
I put that package in a few days ago, but it was no help.  I think it
only has the iscan package, which is a lite scanning program with a
GUI anyways.  That program comes in the iscan-bundle that I downloaded
from Epson originally and installed on the computer.