Re: [opensuse] Cups issue on zypper up
  • From: ianseeks <bingmybong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 16:32:41 +0100
On Tuesday, 20 June 2017 12:22:30 BST Peter Suetterlin wrote:
ianseeks wrote:
Hi

This seems regular occurrence for me with cups updates (see below)
although it doesn't seem to affect it working. Does anyone know who needs
to know about it?

I see those, too. They are harmless. It tries to restart a (sub) service
you don't use. Those @-services allow for different configurations, like
openvpn or (in my case) tinc.

woodstock:~ # systemctl status tinc@sst
‚óŹ tinc@sst.service - Tinc net sst

If you don't use/define any such config, you'll get such an error:

woodstock:~ # systemctl status tinc@
Failed to get properties: Unit name tinc@.service is missing the instance
name.
I'm using the config as downloaded from TW printing repo and hence my query to
see if it needs looking at even though it doesn't seem to affect it, i was
just wondering if the base config is using a redundant or incorrect setting.

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20170618
Qt: 5.7.1