Re: [opensuse] Nvidia Leap Repository?
On 06/19/2017 03:57 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2017-06-19 22:35, Lew Wolfgang wrote:
When the Community nVidia repository is added from yast2 we get this as
a url:

http://download.nvidia.com/opensuse/leap/42.2

This should be correct since nVidia disabled their ftp server. But the
directory pointed
to is empty. as is 42.1 and 42.3. Indeed, there is nothing at all in
the "leap" directory.
That web page is designed so that it fails with browsers. It works with
yast or zypper only.

How would that work, Carlos? What secret protocol or port-knock would zypper
use
to reveal content that isn't visible to http?

Also, on one of my systems I have the nVidia repository enabled as a Community
entry
in yast2:

http://download.nvidia.com/opensuse/leap/42.2

Yet when looking at the nVidia data in yast2 it shows the most recent version
from:

obs://build.suse.de/Proprietary:X11:Drivers

This whole thing started because I was getting dinged on a Nessus scan for an
out-of-date
nVidia driver. As of today it's okay, but the nvidia.com repo isn't being
used. Is it now moot?
Can it be removed from the repo list?

Regards,
Lew