Re: [opensuse] Epson Scanner V500 Isn't Detected
* Doug <dmcgarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [06-19-17 18:28]:

* Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [06-19-17 11:03]:
Mark Misulich wrote:

On Mon, 2017-06-19 at 13:36 +0100, Peter Suetterlin wrote:
Patrick Shanahan wrote:

export SANE_USB_WORKAROUND=1 <front-end-app>
That should either be
export SANE_USB_WORKAROUND=1
<front-end-app>
or
SANE_USB_WORKAROUND=1 <front-end-app>

And if it works, put the 'export SANE_USB_WORKAROUND=1' in your
.profile
It didn't work as far as getting the scanner to configure in yast.
There is no change from my previous posts. I still can't use the
scanner.
Hi Mark

what is you need YaST do for you? I don't recall needing to use YaST
for anything for our HP Scanjet. Just wondering.
you wouldn't use YaST if you set up your scanjet with hplip ???
He doesn't have a scanjet. you dumbass. He has an Epson.

maybe you sould pay closer attention. Per has an HP Scanjet and the was
the poster of the msg which was responded to.

hope you have a better day tomorrow.

strike 3

:0:
* ^From:.*dmcgarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx