Re: [opensuse] Epson Scanner V500 Isn't Detected
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 19:08:34 +0200
Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink wrote:

Op maandag 19 juni 2017 17:51:12 CEST schreef Per Jessen:
Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [06-19-17 11:03]:
Mark Misulich wrote:
On Mon, 2017-06-19 at 13:36 +0100, Peter Suetterlin wrote:
Patrick Shanahan wrote:
export SANE_USB_WORKAROUND=1 <front-end-app>

That should either be
export SANE_USB_WORKAROUND=1
<front-end-app>
or
SANE_USB_WORKAROUND=1 <front-end-app>

And if it works, put the 'export SANE_USB_WORKAROUND=1' in your
.profile

It didn't work as far as getting the scanner to configure in
yast.
There is no change from my previous posts. I still can't use
the scanner.

Hi Mark

what is you need YaST do for you? I don't recall needing to use
YaST
for anything for our HP Scanjet. Just wondering.

you wouldn't use YaST if you set up your scanjet with hplip ???

I guess I might, but I don't use hplip. (isn't that for printers
only?)

hpaio driver ( all in one ) which works for most HP's is in both
hplip-sane and sane-backends.

Got them both installed, but actually hpaio is only in hplip.
Nonetheless, I don't recall ever having do anything with YaST to get
the scanner going.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (30.9°C)