Re: [opensuse] Re: Where is default browser set? (& hope no one is logged in via WiFi)
On 2017-06-18 21:47, L A Walsh wrote:
Patrick Shanahan wrote:

----
This is the case where I'm not using a desktop, but am
running a standalone X-application (like the LSI
disk-management GUI that runs under X11). When I click
on a link in an application (not under a desktop), it starts
a browser on the ssh-target system and displays it
via X on the ssh-source system, apparently using
information from:
~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list )

To test the "xdg-open" command, I used
google's search page which opened in the background.
Nevertheless, in background, it used a bit over 9MB/s
to display the animation on it's search page -- not
a problem for me, but it does seem 80Mb/s might
be a stretch for somebody on WiFI.

Interesting.

I think that if you fire up firefox from inside ssh, it tries to run
Firefox of the client machine, thus avoiding that B/W problem.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.