Re: [opensuse] konsole
On 2017-06-18 03:36, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
[...]
Anton, I bought my new car 3 years ago and I have never raised the hood
to look at the engine. I just drive the car. I have no interest in what
makes it run -- well, I do know that it needs petrol, which I buy when
it needs it, and I keep the tyres at the correct pressure. That's it.
Oh, and it goes through the car wash when necessary :-).

The OP and others, including myself, have no need to do what you do with
your setup of konsole. For us konsole just works, either in user- or
root-mode. Simple. The OP is simply asking why his konsole is not
working in this simple mode :-).

I know what is under the hood of my car. Generally, that is. When it
breaks down, I have to call the mechanic.

It broke down recently. The fuel pipe going out of the fuel pump got
loose. I called my road insurance chaps, to come and rescue me. They
came with a truck platform. The chap, a mechanic, looked at it. We'd
better take it to your brand garage, he said. So he loaded my car into
his platform.

The rubber pipe has a quick engage plastic thing. It is not a plain pipe
which you can just connect and tie with a string on emergency.
Impossible to repair yourself, you have to buy the replacement.

*you* made the choice to use linux, *you* are the admin of your linux
system unless you convince some kind sole to take on the task or pay
someone. if you care not about "what is under the hood", you are destine
to live with what you get/have.

It is not as simple as that, nowdays.

--
Cheers / Saludos,