Re: [opensuse] mount a CIFS share - permission denied
  • From: gagrilli <gagrilli@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 12:36:11 +0300
On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 09:11:12AM +0200, Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
Dne čtvrtek 15. června 2017 0:55:58 CEST, David C. Rankin napsal(a):
On 06/14/2017 04:04 PM, Mikhail Ramendik wrote:
My wi-fi router can share the contents of a USB device using FTP and
Samba. I am trying to use this. Windows 7 has connected to the device
flawlwssly when I gave it the right username and password.

Somewhat unrelated to the above permission issue:

I seem to recall a recently exposed Samba vulnerability, which seems to come
into effect in every Internet-facing Samba server. Maybe your Wi-fi router is
directly connected (ie. it is also a modem). I would also suspect it isn't
regularly updated. If that is the case, maybe you should reconsider opening a
samba share on your router, or, at least, try to employ a workaround:

https://www.samba.org/samba/security/CVE-2017-7494.html

--
/"\
\ / ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN