Re: [opensuse] Epson Scanner V500 Isn't Detected
On 19/06/17 12:39, Mark Misulich wrote:
On Mon, 2017-06-19 at 12:32 +1000, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 19/06/17 10:55, Mark Misulich wrote:
On Mon, 2017-06-19 at 09:02 +1000, Basil Chupin wrote:
The version of this
software is
iscan-bundle-1.0.4.x64.rpm

I hadn't read this list but saw your msg in my Inbox so replied to
you
directly but now will repeat what I said privately :-).

As I indicated, I missed this until now but it appears that the
version
of iscan/eplowa you mention above is an old version. I have installed
verson 2.30.2-2 from Epson site itself (Epson took over Avasys).

[prune]

The iscan bundle is 1.0.4, and includes the iscan scanner gui
program. My iscan program is 2.30.3-9*
Could this be something that has to be changed in the BIOS to make
it
work?
Not that I am aware of. Certainly nothing in my BIOS I had to fiddle
with.

Someone may mention that you may need to set something in the Group
option in Yast's Security and Users section but I don't have anything
set there so that would not be an answer.

But there is the setting in (KDE) System Settings "Removable Storage"
which you would have already looked at so there is no need to mention
this one :-).

I know that it is a sill question, but the scanner is in working
order,
right? :-)
Yes, it's working, just not on this computer. I just switched out the
old box for the new, and hooked it up the same as the old box. Now the
scanner isn't working on the new box with the same operating system
(42.2). The new box is a multiboot, with Win7 and 42.2. The scanner
works on Win7, not on 42.2 on the new box.

Ummm, I have trouble in getting my printer to work on the network (so
that my wife can also use it) but the printer is not recognised in Yast.
I am wondering if your scanner is similarly affected?

BC

--
Government has become a committee for managing the affairs of the rich.