Re: [opensuse] Off Topic: using reply-to
Basil Chupin composed on 2017-06-19 11:01 (UTC+1000):
.
The REAL point is that you don't have to be forced to check every
message you type to ensure that it is going to the right destination.
.
I expect it to go back from whence it came, unless I see an explicit reply-to
set. Translated, that means I expect a message that came to me via *any* mailing
list to, as a consequence of clicking the reply button, go back to that very
mailing list, as it did, in fact, come "from" that mailing list, regardless of
the "From" header content, and regardless of who is responsible for its content.
List posts that do not do that violate expectations, UI design concept of least
surprise, and logic, regardless of any RFC.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/