Re: [opensuse] plasma 5 settings in Leap 42.2
Istvan Gabor composed on 2017-06-18 22:33 (UTC+0200):
.
On, 18 Jun 2017 18:09:23 +0200, gumb wrote:
.
Istvan Gabor wrote:
.
-desktop panel: how to see hight in pixels?
.
That info was removed.
.
In KDE3 it was not only shown but the pixel number could be set/typed
directly.
In KDE4 the number could not be typed directly but still was shown.
In KDE5 it isn't even shown.
This is what KDE devs call progress.
In KDE6 the panel size will be fixed, I suppose.
.
It still is displayed in TDE UI, but only changeable via mouse, either slider or
scroller, which I think may be a bug. The cursor/focus is in the scroller box.
OK, I want different systems to have the same lookout.
How am I supposed to set the same panel size for different logins
on different systems if I don't know the pixel number?
Is there a config file somewhere that includes that number?.
In a fresh Plasma installation on a 1920x1080 screen:

~/.config/plasmashellrc
[PlasmaViews][Panel 2[Horizontal1920]
thickness=##

Whether Panel 2 applies after other changes are made or with used or updated
user accounts I have no idea.
.
-where is screen saver settings? (not screen locker)
.
It would be OK, if I could set screen locker without password and could
set blank screen (which I use for screen saver).
I want the screen go blank after x minutes but be able to wake it up
without entering password. Is it serious that it is not
possible anymore?
.
systemsettings ->
power management ->
screen energy saving switch off after x minutes

Basic stuff like iso standard date format and bold UI text remain somewhere
between difficult and impossible to configure at all in v5. :-(

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/