Re: [opensuse] konsole
Basil Chupin:
On 18/06/17 11:37, James Bunnell wrote:
Patrick Shanahan:

explaining your setup and what you want is fine but did not lead to the
problem you experience and describe. you are the admin of your linux box
and you did something which you cannot remember that made a change to your
system which you do not like or want. do not blame the software or the
developers or .... the origin of your problem can be seen when you look
into the mirror.

you could always go to windows where the provider tells you what you can
do and how you can do it and receives much pay for channeling your efforts
to their advantage.

or you can try to systematically try and/or investigate the suggestions
provided here. the rest of the conversation about wants or don't wants
and like or dislikes only consume time and cause frustration and wasted
efforts.

sorry I must stop now, I do not wish to be as verbose as ....

what everyone seems to overlook, or perhaps i didnt mention it, it is a
fresh install, not an updated to tumbleweed install, not a month old
install. it is a 1 day old install. thanks.

And another thing not mentioned so far -- or I missed it? -- is which
version of ? are you talking about? You just mentioned Tumbleweed. Are
you talking about TW or Leap 42.2 or 42.3 Beta (which, BTW, works
b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l-l-y :-) )?

BC

I guess I should note, that my first computer was in '97 when I was in
grad school to get through it. I was a late bloomer as I was over 40
when I graduated. I started with linux in '99 and ran it till '06. I
then went to windows 7 because of life complications and didnt have the
time to play with linux (as one might say; cancer). I bought a mac in
'11 and loved it. It recently died completely. I had no computer for two
weeks. A friend from out of town sent me a HP laptop and I also
inherited my wife's old HP. So my choice was go back to linux or pay out
200 dollars to Microsoft for win 10 which I personally despise and don't
like the spying. I am new back to linux at over 10 yrs later. My latest
choice of distro is openSUSE. I downloaded Leap 42.2 onto a dvd and
installed from there. Today, while napping, I did a zypper dup for
Tumbleweed. Konsole is still the same. I've come to the conclusion
nothing is perfect and I'll live with it. I just want to stay with one
distro for some time. Before, in the day, I started with the original
Redhat 6 and Debian. Messed with Ubuntu a little bit. Anyway, this is
the end of my long biography and excuses. thanks guys.