Re: [opensuse] konsole
On 18/06/17 11:15, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 17/06/17 08:00 PM, Basil Chupin wrote:
Same here -- ne'er a problem with konsole-user and konsole-root.

(Just a point to ponder: I always do a clean install and have never
upgraded from one version of oS to the next version (using, say, zypper
dup). I do this in case baggage remains to affect the newer version.)
Hmm.
My setting, that is in ~/.kde[4] and ~/.local and ~/.config, are under /home,
and while i reformat the partition with the OS on, that is the /bin, /lib,
/ust/bin, /usr/lib and so on, I preserve all the stuff under .home (as well as
my web stuff under /srv and other stuff that's under /var such as the DNS
config, the mail caches and pending transactions, cron tables and other
schedules).

In particular, the customized settings for konsole are preserved across
upgrades
of the OS. I've used both 'zypper dup' with a DVD.

Re the last sentence. Just to clarify what I wrote earlier.

I always do a clean install using a newly burnt DVD of the latest
version of openSUSE.

I have never used as root the line command "zypper dup" in an existing,
installed, version to upgrade it to the newer version.

But I would most interested to know how you manage to use "zypper dup"
using a DVD as the source for "dup" to use?

BC

PS Another interesting point: your e-mail address has changed from the
one you used in the private msg to me.

--
Government has become a committee for managing the affairs of the rich.