Re: [opensuse] konsole
On 17/06/17 08:00 PM, Basil Chupin wrote:
Same here -- ne'er a problem with konsole-user and konsole-root.

(Just a point to ponder: I always do a clean install and have never
upgraded from one version of oS to the next version (using, say, zypper
dup). I do this in case baggage remains to affect the newer version.)

Hmm.
My setting, that is in ~/.kde[4] and ~/.local and ~/.config, are under /home,
and while i reformat the partition with the OS on, that is the /bin, /lib,
/ust/bin, /usr/lib and so on, I preserve all the stuff under .home (as well as
my web stuff under /srv and other stuff that's under /var such as the DNS
config, the mail caches and pending transactions, cron tables and other
schedules).

In particular, the customized settings for konsole are preserved across upgrades
of the OS. I've used both 'zypper dup' with a DVD.