Re: [opensuse] konsole
On 17/06/17 08:01 AM, Per Jessen wrote:

Anton, how is your custom config possibly relevant here? I also have my
own configs, but they're just as irrelevant.

Irrelevant to what?

I understood quite clearly what James Bunnel meant by the super user konsole
where you didn't; I understood his usage with the password prompt because that's
the way I have it configured.

You, with only one tab, don't seem to "get it".
I have four tabs every time konsole starts, whether that's because I start it
automagically with KDE when it starts, or when I bring it up manually. That's
in my config.

konsole is very flexible in teh way it starts up, what command you start with.
I can, if I choose, run an application directly on startup. It doesn't have to
be a shell.

"Obvious" you say? Well, yes, but that's not the "automatic" you get if you
"File _> New tab".

If you "File -> New Tab -> Root Shell" you get a password prompt for the new
root shell tab to "su -".

Of course that can be changed: look in, variously

~/.kde4/share/apps/konsole/Root Shell.profile
~/.local/share/konsole/Root Shell.profile
Look for

[General]
Command=su -

And/Or the system wide defaults at:
/usr/share/kde4/apps/konsole/Root Shell.profile
/usr/share/konsole/Root Shell.profile

Why you get only one tab, I don't know. Its your config.
obviously you've set it up that way.

Obviously you haven't changed any of the defaults, either for the specific tab,
or for the way the new tab mechanism works.

I think that now that James knows about the mechanism he can make intelligent
decisions about what he wants, experiment with how to set konsole up to his
exact needs.