Re: [opensuse] konsole
On 17/06/17 06:33 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
James Bunnell wrote:

I have the regular super user konsole. but the konsole that is
supposed to be the regular konsole prompts for a password each time i
open it. i have tried the profile thing, no avail. any ideas as to why
this is? thanks.

Which app is this exactly? I don't have any "super user konsole", only
konsole. It always opens with one tab.

I run KDE and Konsole

# zypper info konsole
Information for package konsole:
--------------------------------
Repository: openSUSE-Leap-42.1-Update
Name: konsole
Version: 15.12.3-23.1
Arch: x86_64
Vendor: openSUSE
Installed: Yes
Konsole is a terminal emulator for the K Desktop Environment.

I have four tabs that come up whenever I log in.
Three are just regular , one is the root.

ALL prompt me for something.
The regular ones are login-equivilent and run the .profile and .bash_profile,
and prompt me for my SSH/GPG passphrase for that session; i have the relevant
code in the .bash_profile

This is because in the config it is set to

command: /bin/bash -l

Please see the man page.

For the root, I have

command: su -

Again please see the man page.
In short, use of "su -" will set the PATH.
(See note in /etc/default/su)

Please realise that since konsole is running from my KDE login and I logged in
as 'anton', konsole is running as usi=anton. So the "bash -l" is run as
uid='anton' and uses the ~anton/.bash-profile.

Furhter, the "su -" runs as uid='anton'
So of course it asks for a password!

What can I do about that?
Well, three is a way to make su password-less, but I don't think it's a good
idea. (For example: the use of 'wheel' group)

What you may want is a konsole specific solution solution.
That means giving a different "command".

You might, for example, set up a very specific 'sudo' config