Re: [opensuse] can't mount/open/use usb drive/stick/disk device on leap 42.2
On 2017-06-16 23:22, Rejaine Monteiro wrote:
This is certainly a security policy. I came here to ask for some help
just because I do not know where I change this damn policy !! I tested
multiple users on different machines. Where I have opensuse 13.1 or
13.2, everything is working fine with root or common user. But the
problem is only occurring on machines that have been upgraded to
opensuse 42.2.

PERMISSION_SECURITY = easy local

I do not think it's a KDE bug, because with 'root' everything works fine
(the usb stick is mounted via KDE normally) The problem is only with
ordinary user (it gives the error that there is no permission for the
user to mount the device)

The thing is, people are not having that problem, or they would have
said so already. Certainly I don't have it, but I don't use KDE - thus
the suggestion to just try another desktop to find out if it is a KDE
issue or not. I'm not suggesting you switch to another desktop permanently.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.