Re: [opensuse] Update FireFox 49.5 -> 52.2, file dialogs are horrible, how to get FF49 dialogs back?
On 06/15/2017 07:47 AM, Charles Philip Chan wrote:
"David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Is there some setting that controls this? Right now this thing is
unnavigable with scores of .zip files mixed with directories mixed with files
in an unholy mess. Why when I first scroll down with the mouse are many of
the
icons missing?

IIRC, it came from a change of GTK version. Open "dconf-editor" and go
to:

GTK-> "Settings"-> "File Chooser"

and change "sort-directories-first" to "true".

Charles

Thanks Charles, but currently:

$ dconf-editor
bash: dconf-editor: command not found

I'll see if I can find it and try your suggestion, but I should not have to
load any additional packages just to have FF provide a working file->open
dialog.

Why they can't just leave gtk+2 enabled is ridiculous. This type of issue will
crop up over and over again, and apparently nobody at mozilla is testing these
things before foisting a gtk+3 only build on us. (not to mention there are
virtually zero themes available for it compared to gtk+2...) I've tried all
the themes on gnome-look and there are not really any decent dark themes (that
don't make one-line inputs 2X bigger than they should be. At least one of the
folks on the Arch list has put together a fairly good adwaita-dark. Not
perfect, but the best of the bunch so far...

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.

< Previous Next >