Re: [opensuse] Again, trying to find a suitable video editor.
On 2017-06-15 13:05, gumb wrote:
On 15/06/17 12:51, Carlos E. R. wrote:

This is impossible to use.

but only select keyframe as start and stop

And impossible to remove commercials in the middle.

one may need to recompile with only keyframes to get the cut right

I don't know about that.

I think in this case you'd be best off contacting directly one of the
developers and presenting your specific workflow. (Probably better to
try first with a smaller dedicated tool like Avidemux than a bigger
program with several contributors). It may well be that nobody's come up
against this exact issue, and like you say, a lot of State-side
developers don't always think so much about elements that might only be
relevant to a non-English userbase.

There are some simple tools that would do the task, but they are broken
or abandoned. For instance, ProjectX.

kdenlive people were adding dual language support last time I looked,
perhaps at the start of this thread.

I've had a few successes in the past when I ask directly lone developers
of smaller applications for feature requests or bug fixes. It's only
when something becomes abandonware and the developers have moved on or
lost motivation that I get no response.

I would need another round of testing video software. One year I do it,
I find nothing suitable, perhaps contact some project, then forget for
another year.

A GUI thing that would simply generate a script for ffmpeg could be
adjusted, adding the proper switches to make ffmpeg work perfectly. I
have not found such an editor.

I have to try gopchop again. Oopps... version is March 2016, so the
start of this thread. Pointless to test it again. Another abandonware?

Yes.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/gopchop/files/

Last dev version is 2009.

I see three other recommended projects: