Re: [opensuse] Again, trying to find a suitable video editor.
On 2017-06-13 18:00, Felix Miata wrote:
.
Vidcutter I haven't tried, wasn't mentioned in the original thread.
.
Tried. No good.
http://lists.links2linux.de/pipermail/packman/2017-June/015248.html
.
I do not want to recode, just remove commercials.
.
I have to recode in most cases. The commercials are typically shoehorned in
without enough black between commercials to keep the entirety of the program
starts and ends unless doing frame accurate cutting. Avidemux in copy mode
won't. In frame accurate mode it takes hours to decode, the two times I tried,
it produced a quarter-sized file that plays worse than an LP VHS tape, and the
other time a gigantic file 9X the size of the original that I didn't even try
play.

From some reads it appears that it is able to cut sections without
recoding most of the video, only about the region of the cut if it
doesn't happen at th exact place that gets a full image (the rest of the
frames contain the differences to the key frame).

That region can be recoded using the same settings and codecs as the
original video, that's what I want.

Such an editor run fast. Otherwise, it is hours.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.