Re: [opensuse] Again, trying to find a suitable video editor.
gumb composed on 2017-06-13 13:51 (UTC+0200):
.
And I think everybody piled in with the usual suggestions of Kdenlive,
etc. But you might be better off with a more simple, dedicated tool such
as Avidemux, or Vidcutter:
https://www.linux-apps.com/p/1180755
.
As I told Carlos, I couldn't get Vidcutter to work at all, while so far I've
been unable to get Avidemux to feign the same quality as the source in recode
mode required to get frame accurate cuts, or write out in a reasonable time,
less than 2-3 times the length of the original. Avidemux took several hours to
reduce a 29 minute original to 20 minutes sans commercials.

I saw a suggestion somewhere that for best results I should decompress the
original before trying to edit it, but so far I've been unable to find an
appropriate example how to do that. Man pages to me are little better than
useless for lack of sufficient examples.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/