Re: [opensuse] zypper and disk space
On 2017-06-12 22:39, Felix Miata wrote:

Zypper is highly competent, very clearly the best package manager I've ever
been
exposed to.

# grep sNee /etc/zypp/zypp.conf
## DownloadAsNeeded Alternating download and install. Packages are
commit.downloadMode = DownloadAsNeeded

Above has been the configuration on all my many openSUSE installations since I
discovered it many many many moons ago. As Carlos indicated, network going
down
can be a problem, but for me, that particular problem has usually been one of
nuisance, not serious, usually solved by simply waiting for network to come
back
after my provider shuts it down for maintenance at 02:00 in the middle of an
up/dup.

Not only network down, but network support crashing inside Linux, as
some component is replaced and doesn't work right with another that is
still loaded. It is rare, but I have known it happen.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.