Re: [opensuse] zypper and disk space
On 2017-06-12 21:23, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

On Jun 12, 2017, at 9:02 PM, Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Is there an option I do not see that can tell zypper to delete an RPM
after it is installed?

It does that by default.

I have zypper set to download all files first. But I have never seen it
delete the rpms as they are installed. Of course, if you do one at a time
this will happen. But not when they are all gathered before starting
installation.

I'm going to try an update and see how it goes. There was a suggestion in an
earlier reply that I will investigate.

I think that the default years ago was to do one at a time.

However, I'm not sure it deleted one at a time, this I'm not fully sure
now. I now that it downloaded and installed one by one. I remember I
wanted it to download the next at the same time it was installing the
previous one: with a modem it would do a difference. But no, it was
download one, install one, sequentially. The default was changed later
to download in bunches, I think. Unsure.

But by the end of the process all downloaded rpms were removed, that's
certain. Whether one by one, or all at the end, I'm not sure - because I
change the default to not delete.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.