Re: [opensuse] Re: Skype for Linux - FYI
On 12/06/17 17:14, Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:
Am 12.06.2017 um 17:00 schrieb Mark Goldstein:
On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 3:57 PM, Richmond <p1299721@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have it working. They have removed sound settings it's true. But if
you install pavucontrol you can adjust the mic and speaker settings.

But you can't choose proper speaker/mic, if you have more than one.
Only their default.

No, using Pulseaudio and pavucontrol you can configure everything.
Same as with Skype 4.3 in pulseaudio mode.

Wolfgang

Indeed, it can be done in pavucontrol but you'll have to configure it at the point of making/receiving a call. You'll then see, under the Recording tab, a box showing your current mic associated to Skype. Click that and you'll be presented with a pop-up list of others you can select. The setting should then be retained for following occasions with that application.

However, the UI could be better. There's nothing to clearly indicate that that box has a selector behind it. I've had to guide people before on a one-way call via Skype, and it takes a while for them to realize it's there.

gumb