Re: [opensuse] zypper and disk space
* Roger Oberholtzer <roger.oberholtzer@xxxxxxxxx> [06-12-17 10:30]:
I am planning on updating a Tumbleweed system. It has not been updated
since gcc7. On the system in question, I always fight for disk space
when doing large updates. I always have it download all files, then do
the install. Which means that I need the space for the RPMS, the new
uncompressed installs, and whatever files are still in use before apps
restart.

Is there an option I do not see that can tell zypper to delete an RPM
after it is installed? That way I can at least get back disk space as
things are getting installed, but still have a bit of safety that the
install will not start until I have all the bits local.

Or maybe there is a better approach?

zypper ref ; zypper -v <up,dup> -d ; zypper -v <up,dup> ; zypper -v clean

I always dl in advance but do not have space constraints affecting.