Re: [opensuse] Simultaneous output to SPDIF and analog
On Mon, 12 Jun 2017 01:58:49 +0100
Mikhail Ramendik wrote:

In the old days (about 10 years ago) I used to fix these things using
alsa configuration, but now it's all pulseaudio. So how do I make
pulseaudio output to analog and IEC958 at the same time here in Leap
42.2?

I haven't looked at pacmd or /etc/pulse/default.pa in enough years
that my memory is surely rusty, but one of my earlier notes pertains to
your above comments:

- - - - - 8< - - - - -
PulseAudio sits *on top* of alsa, so alsa needs to be configured first,
then 'pavucontrol' is used to set PulseAudio. Install alsamixer, run it
in a terminal, press F5 to access all the settings, then press F6 and
select your sound card. Then, using the "m" key, go through and
mute/unmute (select/deselect) each channel. Be sure to run an
application with an active microphone input so when you come across the
correct channel it's possible to confirm that the mic is being
muted/unmuted.

The above approach presumes that your hardware has been properly
detected and that the selected kernel / driver level software is
behaving properly. Caveat: These notes are old enough that they might
or might not apply. At the time, this approach really helped me to
investigate and resolve the problems I was experiencing with the
default configuration.

regards,

Carl