Re: [opensuse] Skype for Linux - FYI
On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 11:05 AM, Roger Oberholtzer
<roger.oberholtzer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Microsoft have just announced:

Important notice: All Skype for Linux clients version 4.3 and older
will be retired on July 1, 2017. To keep chatting, please install the
latest version of Skype for Linux.

My desktop seems stuck at a 32-bit openSUSE. I have
skype-4.3.0.37-6.1.i586. I see that the Skype for Linux that will now
be available is only available as a 64-bit version. Our company uses
Skype for Business.

So, here is another reason to upgrade to a 64-bit openSUSE...

I've tried their new "skype for linux". It's still beta and it is
"half-baked". E.g. it's impossible to change the settings for audio
and video... So I would not hurry to switch to that version. Hope
they'll complete it before July 1st...

--
Mark Goldstein