Re: [opensuse] Simultaneous output to SPDIF and analog
On 12 June 2017 at 07:11, Mikhail Ramendik <mr@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 12 June 2017 at 06:31, Carl Hartung <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I would combine this kind of hardware
specific research with some basic PulseAudio configuration and use
research, since I believe you will need to configure PulseAudio to
do what you are after.

Further research (with pacmd -list-sinks) seems to show that the
problem is in the way OpenSuSe configures pulseaudio. In every profile
(analog output, SPDIF output etc) only one sink is avaiiable. There
are no sinks for other outputs.

The virtual device (null sink) is created and would route to all other
sinks. But because there si only one sink it just routes to it, and no
other outputs appear.

This enabled me to resolve the problem. While the profile change
overwrite the user-specific config (which is also in a binary format),
it does not touch the system-wide config. SO I added the following
line to /etc/pulse/default.pa:

load-module module-alsa-sink device=hw:0,0

This line forces creation of the analog audio sink. As the combine
sink is already enabled via the UI, it now includes the analog audio
sink as well as the spdif sink (set by the profile).

The only remaining issue is that the keyboard's volume keys somehow
regulate the analog audio not the combined sink. But the volume icon
regulates the combine sink. As I have a volume handle on the amplifier
it's probably ok this way.

Should I file an OpenSuSe bug about this problem? Combined output
should work out of the box, not after a long google for a config
change...

--
Yours, Mikhail Ramendik