Re: [opensuse] Simultaneous output to SPDIF and analog
On 12 June 2017 at 06:31, Carl Hartung <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I haven't worked with this board but I doubt what you're experiencing
is an openSUSE-specfic problem. [...]

I would combine this kind of hardware
specific research with some basic PulseAudio configuration and use
research, since I believe you will need to configure PulseAudio to
do what you are after.

The best (IMHO) PulseAudio 'howto' article I ever read seems to only be
available now at archive.org:

<https://web.archive.org/web/20120323041501/http://pcplus.techradar.com/2012/02/15/build-a-virtual-studio-with-pulseaudio/>

Unfortunately this article does not describe this particular task. I
did look for a pulseaudio solution, but basically everything I can
find online points to using paprefs and enabling a virtual device
there. This is done but to no effect.

I also saw a reference to this solution working on kubuntu but not
working on opensuse:
https://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php/461219-Sound-to-multiple-output-devices-with-pulse?p=2351706#post2351706

I probably need some way to hardcode Pulseaudio configuration in a
text config file (same as .asoundrc in ALSA) to bypass the faulty UI,
but I have looked in ~/.config/pulse and it seems that most
configuration files are in some unreadable format. I am stuck here.

If I can't get any answer here I'll probably try subscribing to

Yours, Mikhail Ramendik