Re: [opensuse] Simultaneous output to SPDIF and analog
On Mon, 12 Jun 2017 04:05:19 +0100
Mikhail Ramendik wrote:

On 12 June 2017 at 02:43, Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have not attempted it, but you might try "yast sound" or install
and try pavucontrol

None of this seems to help. Yast does not have a related option.
Pavucontrol has the same "create virtual device" option that does not
work.

Hi Mikhail,

I haven't worked with this board but I doubt what you're experiencing
is an openSUSE-specfic problem. According to this page:

http://www.linux-hardware-guide.com/2013-12-23-asrock-b75-pro3-m-mainboard-socket-1155-intel-b75-4x-ddr3-atx-2x-pcie-2x-usb-3-0

"The Asrock B75 Pro3-M is fully supported under Linux. The board is
equipped with with the following hardware components:" and list this:

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset
Family High Definition Audio Controller (rev 04)

A quick search on "intel corporation 7 series/c210 series chipset
family high definition audio controller" pulled up many promising
Linux 'sound' and 'audio' configuration and troubleshooting related
links and threads for me. I would combine this kind of hardware
specific research with some basic PulseAudio configuration and use
research, since I believe you will need to configure PulseAudio to
do what you are after.

The best (IMHO) PulseAudio 'howto' article I ever read seems to only be
available now at archive.org:

<https://web.archive.org/web/20120323041501/http://pcplus.techradar.com/2012/02/15/build-a-virtual-studio-with-pulseaudio/>

hth & regards,

Carl