[opensuse] plasma5 'blocked' - my fault, or error?
  • From: pit <P.Suetterlin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2017 13:43:13 +0100

Hi list,

I have just been annoyed by an unusable plasma desktop.
I had started a program from the menu, the panel poped up (autohide) with a
new icon in the tasklist - but I didn't see any window. The taskbar stayed
greyed out, so i couldn't click on the icon there, rootwindow-clicks didn't
produce reactions, etc. Plasma had just fallen dead.

It took me quite a while to realize that the program the .desktop wanted to
start did not exists (error in the package...), and plasma wanted to tell me
this with a modal window that blocked all other actions until I click 'OK'.

Just, it opened this window BELOW my browser window!

Anyone seen that before, do I have some missconfiguration somewhere
(where?), or is it a bug?

I'm running Leap 42.2