Re: [opensuse] Leap 42.2
Am 10/06/17 um 13:36 schrieb Markus Egg:
Am 06/06/17 um 01:59 schrieb Fraser_Bell:
On 06/05/2017 04:51 AM, Markus Egg wrote:
Is it correct that SuSE Leap 42.2 only consists of 1 DVD?
Is there a "addon" DVD like some of the earlier releases had?

Thx in advance
BR

Yes, only one DVD, no "addon", has been that way for several versions
going back a few years, at least.

I am updating a 13.1 machine and there was an addon CD with 13.1 .
Leap 42.2 also talks about a addon-CD that I can use and that I need for getting
firmware for my WLAN.
Where is this addon-CD to download?

Edit: tried to add the addon repo, there it wants to configure the network, but I cannot install the network since the wlan needs the firmware from the addon repo !
yast2 then crashes and gives some debug possibility which does not help me.

I do change all that by taking the normal LAN network card,
but if there are devices that only have WLAN and need firmware from the addon then this might result in a kind of deadlock.

I guess I can download the non-oss stuff from
[mirror]/opensuse/distribution/leap/42.2/repo/non-oss
and simply burn it on a CD?

BR