Re: [opensuse] Re: File delete permissions.
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2017 03:50:47 +0200 (CEST)

On 2017-06-09 21:52, L A Walsh wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:
'w' applies to the content of the object it is set on, allowing
write to _that_ object. "Filenames" are 'content" inside a directory
(filenames that point to their own content -- the content of the file).

So, I would have to change the permissions of the directory. I can't do
that. :-(

====
Why is that? (shared?): you might be able to access lists to
accomplish similar, or if you have "root", you could set the immutable
bit on
the file (which won't allow you to change the file until you clear the
immutable bit w/root).

I don't remember why I said that, but another program needs access to
those directories.

Maybe because the directories can be created/recreated by the application, and in that case, the protection is lost.

Anyway, I have a working solution, I commented on it on another post.
Yes, I do change some of the permissions of the directories.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.