Re: [opensuse] PC fails to resume after suspend sometimes
On 2017-06-09 19:21, Dave Howorth wrote:
On Fri, 9 Jun 2017 14:49:31 +0200
"Carlos E. R." <> wrote:

Yes, the final state you get when calling "systemctl hybrid-sleep" is
sleep, right.

If XFCE doesn't show "hybrid-sleep" as a target it is a problem.
Create a bugzilla about that.

Well, I'd like to understand things better than that first.

I just tried to retrieve the source for xfce4-power-manager but zypper
wants to install 32 new packages as well. WTF! I just want the source.
It wants to install something called libgarcon-1-0 for example, which I
don't have installed at the moment so is clearly not necessary for the
XFCE power manager, which doesn't have a menu. But even if it was
necessary, me deciding I want to read some code doesn't mean I want a
whole bunch of other stuff I didn't ask for. Sorry, rant over, not your
fault.

The rest come as dependencies.

I've downloaded the src rpm from the mirror but I've idea how to now
install it.

As any other rpm - almost. It goes into "/usr/src/packages/". Or you can
look inside with "mc".

Meanwhile, you have to call it from the command line

The whole point is that the system should power down when I am NOT
there, not when I am!

Ah! That's different.
That is done in "settings Manager"/"Screen Saver"-"advanced". But I do
not see how to change the target, it is not possible.

Wait. Try "settings Manager"/"Settings Editor". Go to XFCE4-power
manager. On right hand panel there is a string setting for
inactivity-sleep-mode. It is set to "Suspend". Try change it.

Or some other method of controlling the system configuration to set
hybrid-sleep as the target. Does nobody else use this?

I discovered it recently.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.