Re: [opensuse] PC fails to resume after suspend sometimes
On 2017-06-09 12:00, Dave Howorth wrote:
On Fri, 9 Jun 2017 03:48:58 +0200
"Carlos E. R." <> wrote:

The last one, thus "systemctl hybrid-sleep" as root. As user it asks
for password if required.

The thing goes through the motions of hibernate to disk, but then
suspends instead. If things go normal, tap a key and you are there
instantly. If battery fails, you boot instead out of hibernation, so
it acts as a failsafe.

Thanks but doesn't that command actually put the system to sleep? What I
would need is some way to configure the system so that when it decides
to go to sleep, it chooses hybrid sleep.

Yes, the final state you get when calling "systemctl hybrid-sleep" is
sleep, right.

If XFCE doesn't show "hybrid-sleep" as a target it is a problem. Create
a bugzilla about that.

Meanwhile, you have to call it from the command line - what is what I
do, anyway: the hibernate menu in XFCE doesn't work for me. If there are
terminals opened by other users it fails. Worse, the screensaver locks
the screen, then it asks for root password, but behind the black screen,
so I never see it, and the machine does not hibernate. This is a long
standing bug.

It seems to be difficult to find a man page for systemctl?

'man systemctl' works here.

This is a desktop BTW, so there's no battery.

Yes, I understand.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.