Re: [opensuse] mdadm raid problem
08.06.2017 13:20, Istvan Gabor пишет:
On Thu, 8 Jun 2017 06:57:58 +0300, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:

I do not think it is possible. You can change UUID only doing assembly
and you cannot do assembly for duplicated UUID. You need to stop
original array first.

OK. I stopped running md11 which had /dev/sdb11 device.
Then I could assemble a new array that has /dev/sdc11, using the update
uuid option. But the array is always assembled as /dev/md127 and not
to the name I specify:

mdadm -A -U uuid /dev/md111 /dev/sdc11
mdadm: /dev/md111 assembled from 1 drive - need all 2 to start it (use
--run to insist).

mdadm -D /dev/md111
mdadm: cannot open /dev/md111: No such file or directory

Your array is not yet running. What happens if you start it first as

cat /proc/mdstat
Personalities : [raid1]
md127 : inactive sdc11[2](S)
62918468 blocks super 1.0

Is this a bug> How can I assemble the array as md111 or whatever I specify?

Even if I could assemble /dev/sdc11 with a new uuid, how can I then
add it back to md11 later?

Just wipe off metadata and add as new empty disk.

OK, I'll do that or just set the original uuid back.

Thanks,

Istvan