Re: [opensuse] File delete permissions.
08.06.2017 20:58, Carlos E. R. пишет:

Hi,

I'm user 'cer'. To avoid deleting by mistake some files, I changed their
ownership to another user:

cer@Isengard:~/Fusion/Videos/Crossing Jordan/Temporada 1> l p*mpeg
-rw-r--r-- 1 cer-g root 0 Jun 8 19:50 p.mpeg
-rw-r--r-- 1 cer-g root 0 Jun 8 19:50 p2.mpeg
-rw-r--r-- 1 cer-g root 0 Jun 8 19:50 p3.mpeg
-rw-r--r-- 1 cer-g root 0 Jun 8 19:50 p4.mpeg
cer@Isengard:~/Fusion/Videos/Crossing Jordan/Temporada 1> rm p.mpeg
rm: remove write-protected regular empty file 'p.mpeg'? n
cer@Isengard:~/Fusion/Videos/Crossing Jordan/Temporada 1>

See? 'rm' doubts and asks.
However, 'mc' doesn't ask and goes ahead, it happily deletes a file that
is not mine.

I thought that the 'w' permission was needed to delete a file, but no.
Is there some way I can negate user "cer" permission to delete a file?
No, not sticky, it doesn't work.

You are asking wrong question. There is no file property that would
magically cause *every program that tries to delete file* to ask you
for confirmation. This is behavior of each individual program. Either mc
can be configured to ask it or not.

You certainly can "negate permission to delete a file" as you were
already advised but then you will not able to delete file and you do not
like it either nor is it what you want.