Re: [opensuse] PC fails to resume after suspend sometimes
On 2017-06-08 16:09, Dave Howorth wrote:
On Thu, 8 Jun 2017 14:03:32 +0200
"Carlos E. R." <> wrote:

However... suspend on desktops is little tested, IMO. It is better to
use hibernate (to disk). In your case, I would try hybrid mode.

Thanks. Hmm, seemed likely to me that there were more moving parts to go
wrong in hibernating to disk ...

I use it (hibernate to disk) a lot, I find it more reliable that suspend.

I know very little about power management, I just use the XFCE Pwer
Manager GUI. There's no 'hybrid' offered there?

Telcontar:~ # systemctl h[tab][tab]
halt help hibernate hybrid-sleep
Telcontar:~ # systemctl h

The last one, thus "systemctl hybrid-sleep" as root. As user it asks for
password if required.

The thing goes through the motions of hibernate to disk, but then suspends
instead. If things go normal, tap a key and you are there instantly. If battery
fails, you boot instead out of hibernation, so it acts as a failsafe.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.