Re: [opensuse] File delete permissions.
On 2017-06-09 01:22, John Andersen wrote:
On 06/08/2017 10:58 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
Is there some way I can negate user "cer" permission to delete a file?
No, not sticky, it doesn't work.

man chattr

What do I have to look in there? I have read that manual, it doesn't
help if you don't say what specific think to look at.

Maybe you refer to this:

A file with the 'i' attribute cannot be modified: it cannot be
deleted or renamed, no link can be created to this file and no data can
be written to the file. Only the superuser or a process possessing
the CAP_LINUX_IMMUTABLE capability can set or clear this attribute.

Well, this works, but needs root to set it.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.